[WriteLog] Re: W5XD Multi+ Keyer and KB ESC Key

Art Wildblood artw4aa at aug.com
Fri Feb 7 14:56:07 EST 2003

Stopping an F-Key msg via the KB Escape key still hangs my system.  I am
using WL V10.28.  The WL revision history doesn't show any fixes for this
"problem".  WC1M thought my P233 processor might not provide enough
horsepower, but with absolutely nothing else running on the system, I doubt
this is the cause, particularly with this solid condition.  It probably is
not a "generalized Com problem" on my system.  Anyway, I don't have access
to another pc.

W2LE suggested using the dc connector provided with the keyer, which I am
doing.  He also suggested the problem might be associated with the L/R radio
setting.  I've tried both L & R on the keyer, and only the left jack works
(with exception of ESC key).   Apparently that is the default when only one
radio is specified to WL.

It's begining to look like I'll have to limp along in the Sprint this
weekend and DX contest next weekend, then try to sell the keyer and
investigate other Windows-based contesting s/w.  Wish that weren't the case.

Note: There have been a couple of recent suggestions on this reflector to
provide a "Lite" version of WL.  I support those suggestions.

Tnx & 73, Art/W4AA