[WriteLog] MMTTY 1.64

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Fri Feb 7 23:29:31 EST 2003

In a previous msg (below) AA5AU reported a problem with
MMTTY 1.63b. I tried the v1.64 engine (MMTTY.exe), as a
Writelog plug-in, for two hours tonight in the WPX, and
it did the same thing. It did it twice in two hours. It
seemed to fix itself in about 1 or 2 minutes.

Switched back to 1.62, with no problems.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

AA5AU wrote:
The problem experienced in the ARRL RTTY Roundup by several WriteLog
users running the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog and the 1.63 engine was that
on occasion when an F key was pressed to send a message, the transmitter
would
key briefly, then unkey.  The only way to get it going again was to wait.
 Eventually,
after a minute or two, the buffer keys would work again.

I'm sorry to say that 1.63b does the same thing.  Although it doesn't
happen often,
it does happen.