[WriteLog] MMTTY 1.64

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Sat Feb 8 13:33:57 EST 2003

> > In a previous msg (below) AA5AU reported a problem with
> > MMTTY 1.63b. I tried the v1.64 engine (MMTTY.exe), as a
> > Writelog plug-in, for two hours tonight in the WPX, and
> > it did the same thing. It did it twice in two hours. It
> > seemed to fix itself in about 1 or 2 minutes.
> >
> > Switched back to 1.62, with no problems.
> >
> > Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
> > Yuma, AZ
> >
> > AA5AU wrote:
> > The problem experienced in the ARRL RTTY Roundup by several WriteLog
> > users running the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog and the 1.63 engine was
that
> > on occasion when an F key was pressed to send a message, the transmitter
> > would
> > key briefly, then unkey.  The only way to get it going again was to
wait.
> >  Eventually,
> > after a minute or two, the buffer keys would work again.
> >
> > I'm sorry to say that 1.63b does the same thing.  Although it doesn't
> > happen often,
> > it does happen.

Been trying 1.64. been on since start of contest and not one stall at
beginning of a buffer.
Not one error message.
Not a single problem.
In Misc. I have Priority set to Higher and Soundloopback set to OFF.

Funny that I was experiencing the steady carrier on a buffer start and most
others weren't
And now, others experiencing problems and I'm not.
Wife does say I'm so contrary that if I drowned I'd float upstream!