[WriteLog] Writelog on RTTY

kk9a at arrl.net kk9a at arrl.net
Tue Feb 11 00:17:41 EST 2003

I was unaware that Writelog was primarily a RTTY program and I probably
would not have purchased it if I knew that.  I'm a new user and so far I've
only used it on CW and SSB.  I am very happy with the way it performs on
those modes and it's now my contesting software of choice.  I tried to copy
some of the RTTY contest last weekend and I could not get reliable copy
using Writelog.  Some stations I could copy and others I could not.  I am
unfamiliar with this mode and the proper way to tune in stations which may
have contributed to my difficulty.  I have noticed by reading this reflector
that a majority of stations are using MMTTY rather than Writelog's RTTY
program.  Does the MMTTY program work better?  Why are so many Writelog
users using MMTTY?

73,
John  KK9A