[WriteLog] Re: SO2R related questions

N0AT n0at at attbi.com
Mon Feb 10 20:25:38 EST 2003

I struggled with this last weekend, during the Sprint CW contest.

I have the keyboard focus on the right radio, and the radio focus on the left
radio.  While I am receiving a report from a station on the right radio, I use a
function key to start a CQ on the left radio.  This function key is programmed
with a %X, so the CQ is sent out on the left radio (radio focus radio).

The CQ on the left radio may or may not be finished.  I finish copying the
report on the right radio (keyboard focus).  I want to send an ack and log the
QSO.  I press the "+" key to send the message in F3, and to log the QSO.   The
message in F3 does not begin with %X, so it should switch the radio focus to the
keyboard focus, send the message, and then log the QSO.  It does not do this.
It sends the F3 message to the left radio, and then logs the QSO.

If I press the F3 key, the radio focus is switched to the keyboard focus radio,
and the message is sent.

It appears to me,  when using the "+" key to send the QrzFunctionKey message, it
sends the message to the radio focus,  ignoring the lack of %X in the
QrzFunctionKey message.

Is there any way to get the QrzFunctionKey message, when called by the "+" key,
to switch the focus to the keyboard radio?  It makes sense to me, since you want
to make the call correction and send the QRZ message to the station you are
working, not to the CQ radio.

73 de Ron  N0AT