[WriteLog] Talking about CW

Dennis roofus at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 11 11:04:40 EST 2003

The new guy has this question in hopes of some help with a CW problem.  Just before the RTTY contest I got the WL CW working with my rig but didn't have much time to use it due to the RTTY contest. Now it seems that the rig doe's not ALWAYS send CW but some times it sounds like just a wave file is plying.  I'm not good with words so trying to explain it is hard for me.  1). The rig always keys up.
2). Sometimes the rig sends the CW (mostly not) keys and un-keys for the dots and dashes. 3). Mostly it keys up and stays keyed through the message and sounds like it is in SSB mode sending a wave file.
Because it works sometimes I think the settings are correct but maybe a level is off someplace. I hope I have made myself clear.
SETTINGS ARE:
WL com port 1 Rigblaster Plus (CW checked)
WL com port 4 KNWD TS-2000 Rig Control Checked
Windows sound board checked
PC generates Highlighted
All mode PTT on CW port RTS checked
Some have told me to use only one com port in the past and I can't seem to get that to work at all.
For the 160 CW contest I used the KNWD's  built in CW keyer and WL for logging but I sure would like to use WL 100% this weekend.

Thanks in advance, That New Guy,

Dennis AB8NI