[WriteLog] Packet Spots - ARRL DX Multi-Op

Darack, Zev Zev.Darack at banklink.com
Wed Feb 12 23:55:39 EST 2003

Open the Writelog packet Terminal
In the Edit menu uncheck singleop

73,
Zev N2WKS
Go FRC!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Georgek5kg at aol.com [mailto:Georgek5kg at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 11:16 PM
To: ricp at alum.wpi.edu
Cc: k5dj at writelog.com; writelog at contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet Spots - ARRL DX Multi-Op

Ric,

We spoke to Ron, K5DJ, about the following situation, but he was on the road

and could not check with WL, so he referred the question to you.

Here is the situation:

We are trying to set up WL for ARRL DX CW, Multi-multi.  Two radios (A & B)
have been successfully networked together, and we are able to correctly log
contacts.  We are using Telnet spots, and we can see the Telnet spots across

the network on each radio's Packet Terminal window.  Radio A is used to
access the Telnet site, and Radio B's Packet Window is set to "Local
Network".

On Radio A, we see the packet spots on Radio A's Packet Spots window.  On
Radio B we see NO SPOTS on Radio B's Packet Spots window, and therein lies
the problem.

In the writelog.ini file there is a "SingleOp=n" command in the [PACKET]
section.  In Radio A, this reads "SingleOp=0", and in Radio B, it reads
"SingleOp=1".  We believe that "SingleOp=1" may be the cause of the missing
spots in the Packet Spots window.   If we manually change it to "SingleOp=0"

in writelog.ini, it gets reset to "SingleOp=1" when WL boots up.

Can you pse let us know what we need to do to get the missing spots?  Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

Tnx & 73, Geo

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC