[WriteLog] bad recorded audio hum

Bob McCormick W1QA writelog at W1QA.com
Mon Feb 17 15:37:15 EST 2003

> I left the writelog recorder on, on my new Dell Dimension
> 4500  all weekend and I noticed that the audio files from
> Sunday are only of a loud hum.

We use WriteLog on a no-name computer that has an integral
audio subsystem.  It passes the WriteLog audio test program
no problem ... and works OK, too.

Alas - there's also a modem function ... and when we
originate a dialup call ... from that point onward,
there's no audio (just slight hum) fed through the
system as far as WriteLog can tell.  (I believe it
requires a reboot to remedy.)

I think the behaviour to my specific problem is
actually document, if my memory=correct.

Bob W1QA