[WriteLog] Icom 756 and a Rascal

Pat Cain, K0PC k0pc at arrl.net
Mon Feb 24 11:15:49 EST 2003

John,
Believe it or not, I have had a microphone connected to my 756.

I have had good luck using the following configuration:
- Microphone (Heil Proset) connected to the MIC input of the sound card
- Sound card LINE output connected to the 756 front panel microphone
connector through an isolation transformer
- Use VOX instead of PTT on a com port to key the rig

You didn't say where you were feeding audio into the 756 but I have found
that vox doesn't work when putting audio into the ACC1 connector on the
back panel. I find VOX the easiest way to key the rig.

Let me know if I can help.

73,
Pat   K PC