[WriteLog] W/L network with Win 98 and XP

Vince Walton rradiohham1@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:45:16 -0800

I have installed Win XP Home on my laptop computer, this is to see how XP
and the programs I use work together, maybe will install XP on the desktop
in the future. I have been able to network XP on the Laptop and the desktop
with Win98se ok, but when I try to network Writelog I get get a message on
the desktop, To enter network password, I am not using pass words on either
system, and I have not been able to get Writelog network with two computers
for SO2R operation. I did have this working when the Laptop was using
Win98me.

The two computers are working with each other on file sharing and printer
printer sharing, so I know that the network is working, and I have been
looking for a way to set up a password on XP, so that maybe it will make
the desktop happy when I try to network Writelog, but I have not found a
way to do this.

Anyone have this problem, if so what did you do to fix it? or anyone with
an idea what to do. Sure would like to get this setup again, so that can
get back to SO2R operations.

Tnx, Vince, K6BIR