[WriteLog] RE: WriteLog Right and Left Channels?

Don Melcher don@hfradio.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:16:34 -0800

Look at the balance control on the soundcard output -under certain
setups - like in SO2R when you have designated a "Left" and "Right"
radio - it will swing the balance to the radio you have selected - drove
me nuts trying to figure out what was going on - it might be doing that
even with one radio - you might have to set up a "dummy" radio and NOT
designate one as Left or Right.

Don
W6ZO

Message: 8
From: "ken caruso" <wo1n@attbi.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 02:37:51 -0500
Subject: [WriteLog] Right and Left Channels?

 I've been working to get on RTTY with my station. Although I can hear
audio from both my main (right channel) and sub (left channel)
receivers, the Rttyrite decoder will only decode the audio from the sub
receiver (left channel). At this point I am about 99% convinced its a
problem with my sound card.

 Ordinarily I'd have this swapped out but for some reason removing the
original sound card and trying to put in a new/different card puts my
system into a Win 98 tailspin that you all don't want to hear about.

 However, since I can hear the right channel audio fine through the
sound card subsystem, is there something I might have set up incorrectly
preventing the audio from being decoded from the right channel?

Setup:
WL V10.37B
Win 98 hybrid (not quite SE, but almost) on a P90 (I know, get a new
computer...)
AZTECH ISA Sound Card with Washington 16 chip set
FT1000D using the Line out with stereo cable to Sound card line in

Thanks,

Ken
WO1N

Message: 9