[WriteLog] Re:MMTTY 1.63 Problem Summary

Hisami DEJIMA dejima@attglobal.net
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:29:44 +0900

Hi all

Thank you for many comments.
Moreover, JA RTTYer was also asked for the report.
and some suggestion was obtained from those comments.

1. MMTTY 162 is normal in general.
The problem is concentrated on 163.

2. There is a group which does not recognize the problem at all.
They are using high spec PC.

3.Even if it is the user of the high spec pc,
the serious user who operate for a long time
recognizes another problem. especially in JA.

I retested based on comments and advice.

test 1. It did not 'stall' in high spec PC at my office.
appearance looked normal, could not test FSK.
(petium III 700MHz, 512MB RAM, Win 2k server)

test 2. MMTTY 162 can experience virtual 'stall'
in the following procedures.
open setup menu.
click Misc tab.
change Sound Card Buff to 8192 from 1024.
click OK button.

test 3. Directions of CPU load on Win 2K Task Mgr.
(Stand alone MMTTY, Tx by default setup, PenII 260MHz, 128MB, Win 2K)
ver 162=  9 to 20% av 12%
ver 163= 28 to 32% av 28%

test 4. Reduction of the cpu load in stand alone MMTTY 163
setup menu
TX tab: DIDDLE=NONE, TxBPF=Off(no check), reduct Degital Output
Misc Tab: TX FIFO=4, Priority=Higher, Sound loopbakc=OFF,Tx Port=COM-TxD
CPU load decreased to 8% after changing a parameters.

When the same change was added to MMTTY plugin of Writelog,
ver 163 operated normally by SO2R setup.
(not yet long operation. hi)

This is my interim report.

73 and Good Night, Hisami 7L4IOU