[WriteLog] Dying CW Decoder

John Core kx7yt@attbi.com
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:05:08 -0800

Hi All

I am using Writelog Ver 10.37B on my Dell P3 600MHz laptop with XP =
operating system and lots of memory. The PC is interfaced to my =
IC706MKIIG (but this problem also occurs with my IC756PRO). I use direct =
line input from the radio to my laptop's sound card.

When using the CW Rttyrite decoder to copy an S9 CW signal within the =
passband, the decoder window will initially show the incoming signal as =
it should but after a few minutes, the signal seems to disappear and the =
decoder stops functioning. This happens without touching the VFO. No =
other programs are running on the laptop. Only Writelog. IF I close the =
Rttyrite window and then reopen the window, the signal again appears and =
the docoder works just fine.

Why is my CW decoder dying? Any help?

Thanks..73s.

J. Core, KX7YT