[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

Stan Staten n3hs@qsl.net
Sun Jan 19 12:41:44 EST 2003

I did the conversion and the only thing I found is that when the
computer is turned off rather than Win XP shutting it down, it
comes up faster and doesn't check the disk for errors before
starting.  They say it is more reliable and I have not seen
anything to contradict that.

73 Stan, N3HS

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim McDonald
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 7:19 PM
To: writelog; DXbase Reflector; ARC
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

Are Writelog, Dxbase, and AR-Cluster compatible with NTFS?
Microsoft
recommends NTFS with XP.  The backup program included on the XP
Home CDROM
will only work with NTFS drives >4 Gb.  I certainly don't want to
do it if
these programs won't run.  Others of interest include DX Telnet,
Geoclock,
MMTTY, and probably others.

Better to ask first than regret later.  (This is a new approach
for me.)

Thanks,
Jim N7US