[WriteLog] downloading mmtty1.62 - IMPORTANT

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 27 11:46:31 EST 2003

The MMTTY 1.62 engine is still available for download on the MMHamsoft
website.  When downloaded, it comes as a zipped file Engine162.zip.  In the
zipped file is the file Mmtty.exe which you will extract and put in your
C:\Program Files\Mmtty folder to replace the existing Mmtty.exe file (the one
created when you upgraded to 1.63).

http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmtty/index.html

Ken, VE5KC, sent me an upgraded engine today to beta test.  Mako heard about all
the problems we were having with 1.63 and looked into.  I will be testing the
new engine (called 1.63B) this weekend in the XE contest.  I am going to run
it on both computers/radios.  If successful, it may become 1.64 according to Ken.

I'm looking forward to testing this new engine.  For those that might be confused about
the "engine", it's really quite simple.  The "engine" is just the Mmtty.exe program
and not the other programs associated with Mmtty, like the help files, etc.

I'll let everyone know how this new engines works after the XE contest. I know
there is a lot of traffic generated on this Reflector concerning the MMTTY plug-in
and MMTTY itself, but for RTTY operators, it IS the best thing since sliced bread.
Mako, JE3HHT, has become one of those RTTY Hall of Famers like WF1B,
K6STI and W5XD.  Sound card RTTY operation is now the #1 preferred method
of receiving RTTY thanks to Mako and his wonderful MMTTY program.

73, Don AA5AU