[WriteLog] Networking under XP ( pro)

Al Zelna mr.mri at evenlink.com
Mon Jan 27 18:31:30 EST 2003

Date sent:      	Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:12:33 -0000
To:             	writelog at contesting.com
From:           	Clive Whelan <gw3njw at onetel.net.uk>
Subject:        	[WriteLog] Networking under XP ( pro)
Send reply to:  	gw3njw at onetel.net.uk
	<mailto:writelog-request at contesting.com?subject=subscribe>

>  Clive Whelan wrote:
> > I have just such a set up running XP on both machines,
> >

> Well that's what I thought! Everything seems to work just fine,
> but when attempting to network a WL file, the connection is
> reported as lost about 5 seconds after linking to the network.
>

> I noted from the help file that a separate profile and password
> should exist for NT4, although there is no mention of XP!. I set
> this up but it never seems to be required anyway, and makes no
> difference.
>

> Has anyone accomplished this successfully with XP Pro, and if so
> what magic did you weave?
>

> 73
>

> Clive
> GW3NJW

I have not followed this thread to any extent.  However, I have run into plenty
of issues with networking XP Home AND Pro computers at work.  With this
thought in mind, I suggest that everyone update their XP computers with the
Service Pack 1 (SP1) offered by Microsoft on their web site.

Plenty of networking issues have been addressed with both versions which
SHOULD allow WriteLog to function properly.  I will find out for myself next
weekend when a friend and I get prelim. setup ready for the NAQP RTTY.

Cheers,

Al Zelna, N3KAE