[WriteLog] Serial number problem

Dan dan at tsel.ru
Wed Jul 9 12:55:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

FJ> Hello,

FJ> I had great problem with WriteLog working with at least 2 PCs.
FJ> When each PC type a call on the entry line, the same serial number appears
FJ> on the left.
FJ> When each push enter, you see TWICE the SAME serial number !
FJ> How can we fix this problem ?
FJ> Thanks for giving me a help
FJ> Fred  ON6QR
This not a problem, just read this( You can find the same easy in WL help
files)

Serial numbers

The field labelled SEQ in the Entry Window shows you the serial number that WriteLog will
(a) send as a CW, RTTY or voice message and (b) record in the log as the transmitted serial
number. Because in a network or when running two radios it is possible for the number of QSOs
in the log to change between the time you transmit a number and time you log it, WriteLog
calculates the next serial number when you first enter anything in the CALL field. At first
it is displayed as gray text. When you make the cursor leave the CALL field (or transmit
anything with an F key), it changes the display color to blue. It remembers this blue
number during the QSO--i.e. as long as the QSO remains in the Entry Window--and then
clears the serial number memory when you log the QSO (with ENTER). It also clears the
QSO number on ALT+W and calculates a new one the next time you enter something in the CALL field.

There are three ways to get WriteLog to forget the blue number and assign a new number
for the QSO before you log it:

1.      Clear the CALL field.

2.      Use SHIFT+UP/DOWN to move the keyboard focus to another Entry Window (for two-radio
operation) and leave it away for 60 seconds.

3.      With the cursor over the left most field in the Entry Window, type Backspace.

You can edit a serial number after WriteLog enters it as well.

Dan / RA6CO at RM6A crew                   mailto:dan at tsel.ru