[WriteLog] Comm port PTT not working on WL 10.40J and later.

Jim Galm w8wts at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:03:48 EDT 2003

I am stuck on a problem with the newer versions of WL, and would greatly
appreciate some help.

Using a notebook computer, I use COM1 for PTT on RTS and CW on DTR with
appropriate interfaces.  I believe the interfaces work, as all ham programs
(such as Digipan) as well as WL 10.36G and all prior WL versions work
perfectly.

WL versions 10.41B and 10.40J will not operate PTT on COM1 RTS in sound
board DVK or sound board RTTY modes.  COM1 is set for CW, and All mode PTT
on CW port RTS is checked.  When WL launches, it will unassert PTT on COM1
RTS.  However, it never actuates the signal during DVK or RTTY operation.

This behavior has been verified on three separate computers, and two OSs
(Win2kPro and WinME).

Thanks in advance for your guidance and experiences with this problem.

73,

Jim Galm, W8WTS
W8WTS at hotmail.com