[WriteLog] "no rig" problem

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 21:13:42 EDT 2003

In a message dated 6/8/2003 7:48:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k5and at adelphia.net writes:

> We have several FT-897's ready to go on the mountain for next weekend VHF
> contest.
> Problem is, using version 10.40J, that both systems put up a "no rig"
> message at random times.
> Depressing the "no rig" icon and then pressing the "Set" button has no
> effect.
> The only thing that works is to turn off the radio and then turn it back on.
> Then the system plays again until it decides to do the "no rig" thing again.
> One computer is a Toshiba laptop 2515; the other is a Dell desktop.
>
> Any clues?
> Thanks for any help.

Dick,

I don't know if this will help, but the only way I can get radio control from
WL with my FT-890 is to select FT-900, 4800 baud, as the radio in WL's SETUP
I PORTS menu.

I don't know if this will apply with your FT-897, but give it a try.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450