[WriteLog] W1WEF Parallel Interface --SignalLink sound card interface

Tim Rust tim at rusthollar.com
Wed Jun 18 11:59:42 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Great list!  Lots of good info here. How for my question:

I have been reviewing writelog posts and the use of the parallel port for CW.  I am planning on using my W1WEF interface (originally for TRLog)  with paddle input (model 3) to do CW with Writelog. My computer is a Pentium III with 256 Ram, about 2 years old with Windows 98 operating system. I have the latest version of WriteLog that I got at Dayton this spring. My rig is an Icom 745 - old but reliable.

Does anyone on the list have experience with Jack's (W1WEF's) interface and Writelog? Am I correct in understanding that there should be no problem interfacing my computer via the parallel port to my Icom 745 for CW? (Assuming Murphy cooperates!)  I will be going to the CW !/4"plug on the rear of the Icom with my iambic paddle coming off the interface as provided by the interface and the PTT coming off the interface going to the auxiliary PTT switch (Normally serves as a foot switch)  also off the back in order to synchronize transmitter/linear keying with CW.

I also plan to interface my SignalLink model SL-1 to the sound card for CW,  PSK and RTTY receive as well as for DVR from the sound card to the Mic input for DVR phone contesting. Anyone have experience using the SignalLink with WriteLog as well?

Does it sound like I am getting this right?  Appreciate your help and council.

Tim Rust
KA9ORN