[WriteLog] ?Help:WriteLog networking?

WA9ALS - John wa9als at starband.net
Tue Jun 24 07:09:57 EDT 2003

> Contrary to the documentation - your users do NOT have to be part of the
> 'administrators' group on the machines.

Same here.

However - we found that you do need
> to be logged in with the same username/password on all machines to allow
the
> DDE shares to work properly.  DDE of course, is a very old and archaic
> sharing mechanism...so it simply needs to be tolerated... for now (hint,
> hint).

We use one WIN2000 and one WIN98.  Only the user of the WIN2000 machine has
Administrator rights (me).  My son logs onto his WIN98 machine with his own
callsign and password (different than the other machine), and things work
fine.  Both machines are part of the same workgroup, of course.