[WriteLog] WL_CTY.Dat File Update

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 02:45:03 EST 2003

In a message dated 3/7/2003 5:12:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jjreisert at alum.mit.edu writes:

> I just don't understand why this has to be so hard for some people!

Jim,

The first few times I did it, I failed to realize that wl_cty.dat had to go
into the ham/programs directory.  When I ran the convert program, it did not
pick up the wl_cty.dat file and, therefore, my countries did not update.
Yes, the instruction is in the readme file, but I overlooked the ham/programs
reference.

What would be most helpful would be a note in the CTY Converter program's
main window alerting the user to the fact that the input file MUST be
wl_cty.dat and it MUST be in the ham/progams directory.  Alternatively, the
user should be able to browse the Window's directories to select the input
file in a fashion similar to other Windows programs.

Live and learn.

73, George, k5kg