[WriteLog] Sprint Module

Pete Stafford pete at staffordsystems.com
Sun Mar 9 14:41:03 EST 2003

A few issues that arose during the NA Sprint last night (a fun contest,
BTW):

I had a few QSO's where the frequency was logged as 14063M or 14063G, and
marked as 'B'.  Had to modify that and Recalculate Score, so no big deal.
But have no idea why this occurred.  Using an ICOM 756Pro2, and have never
had any trouble with the radio interface.  When marked Bad, always had
14063x, regardless of actual frequency or band.

I noticed the following scenario: that when I grabbed a call it would,
correctly, enter previous Name and QTH.  But dangerously, if I then
re-grabbed a different call without making the QSO (the first one didn't
come back to me), it would retain the original call's Name and QTH.
Shouldn't I expect them to also be replaced?

And finally, on just two occasions that I noticed, the Name and QTH did not
fill in automatically, even though I had worked the station earlier.  May
have been on a new band, but most of the times that was not a problem, and
the program entered the data properly.

Any thoughts?

Pete, K2PS