[WriteLog] Sprint Module

Chuck Fullgraf cfullgraf at sprynet.com
Sun Mar 9 22:38:39 EST 2003

K2PS wrote...

> I had a few QSO's where the frequency was logged as 14063M or 14063G, and
> marked as 'B'.  Had to modify that and Recalculate Score, so no big deal.
> But have no idea why this occurred.  Using an ICOM 756Pro2, and have never
> had any trouble with the radio interface.  When marked Bad, always had
> 14063x, regardless of actual frequency or band.

With TR and my 756Pro, the computer would jump to a strange freq at times, I
believe from RF getting into something somewhere. I think, in my case, the
primary source of the RF is my 40m loop when operated on 15m.  I have not
noticed it as drastically since I switched to WriteLog and I have added some
ferrite cores to the radio interface cables. But, I suspect the 756 series
(I also experieced these problems with a straight 756) may be weak in this
department.

> I noticed the following scenario: that when I grabbed a call it would,
> correctly, enter previous Name and QTH.  But dangerously, if I then
> re-grabbed a different call without making the QSO (the first one didn't
> come back to me), it would retain the original call's Name and QTH.
> Shouldn't I expect them to also be replaced?

I've gotten into the habbit of using CTRL-Backspace to clear an unwanted
call and it clears the entire window.

> And finally, on just two occasions that I noticed, the Name and QTH did
not
> fill in automatically, even though I had worked the station earlier.  May
> have been on a new band, but most of the times that was not a problem, and
> the program entered the data properly.

I saw this at times as well, but has having too much fun to think about what
was causing it.

Chuck, KE4OAR