[WriteLog] A couple of queries

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Mar 17 18:28:04 EST 2003

Hi all,

Just a couple of queries after the BARTG contest.
I was running 10.39C, and MMTTY 1.62.

Firstly, this was my first time with a beam (well, a mini-beam!) and I
utilised the "beam headings" window.
I did work out that I needed to set my lat/long in the "great circle"
utility, and that seemed OK, but during the contest I noted that it gave me
some very odd headings!
One example was France, where it showed them as being at a heading of 191
degrees!
I guess it may be because of our geographical location, but I would have
thought it would point me to Paris, but evidently not!

Also, what does REVERSE BEARING mean? During the (many) lulls in the
contest, I went through the help files, but couldn't easily find any
reference to beam headings or the great circle.

The second query is that this is the second contest I have done where my
MMTTY screen dump file has ended up empty!
I have MMTTY set to record all data to a text file, and it has always worked
very well, but in WPX, it ended up as 0kb, and it did the same after the
BARTG.
I wonder if the fact that when I closed Writelog last night it threw a
wobbly, and said that RTTYRITE has caused an error.......... etc had
anything to do with it?
I've just run Writelog again, and all seemed OK, so I can't understand why.

Thanks in advance
73 for now
Phil GU0SUP