[WriteLog] W5XD Keyer

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 01:28:49 EST 2003

I have finally got my homebrew version of the W5XD
multi keyer working. This replaces my old keyer which
used the original W5XD IC, and which was fried by a
lightning storm last year.

Everything seems OK. In fact, it's rather nice.
However, the transmit A/B switching seems to have the
opposite polarity to the old keyer - the A/B line goes
low for TX R whereas in the old keyer it went high.
The RX A/B switching seems to be the same as the older
design. I can rewire it if I must, but wonder if there
is an INI file entry I could use to reverse it in
software? I have found the entry to reverse A/B
polarity on the LPT port, but not for the keyer.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks
Roger
VE3ZI