[WriteLog] MFJ 1275 and Writelog

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 24 08:46:26 EST 2003

Has anyone used the MFJ 1275 soundcard interface with Writelog successfully?
I bought one for SSB audio more so then RTTY, but haven't quite figured out
the correct configuration for it yet.  I've got it wired correctly, because
it appears to work with MixW for digital modes, but Im sure the
configuration in Writelog is wrong somewhere because I cant seem to get the
keying to work correctly from the com port.

Its on a single com port on a laptop, and Im not sure how to get it to key
the radio.  If I select com 1 under rig control the radio stays keyed.  If I
select com1 under CW and select the all mode cw ptt check box, the radio
stays keyed.  I've tried the cwpttdisable=yes or whatever it is in the .ini
file, but nothing seems to work.  No matter which selection I check in
writelog to say "anything" about com1, the radio will key and stay keyed
until I exit the application.

Im was looking  to use the box so that it's a neat, mobile package with
isolation, that a user can send SSB voice messages, yet still interrupt them
with either the push of the mic button or vox operation.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Charlie
KI5XP