[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer Questions

NB1B NB1B at attbi.com
Fri Mar 28 08:12:14 EST 2003

Ken

1. Line Out = Digital Out?  Depends on the soundcard.  Best advice is to try
it.

2. The Rcv audio goes thru the XD box so that you can do the L/R/Latch
switching for SO2R setups.  When you mention the Sound Card Line In line, I
assume you want to record the contest.  Most setups use a constant audio
level signal, i.e. phone patch out, or audio out, so that the recording
level is constant.  You don't get that if you use the headphone audio for
the sound card.

3. Most rigs have a constant audio level signal.  On the 1000MP, its called
"AF OUT" on the back panel.  I don't know about the Pro II, but it sounds
like you have the right spot.

I hope to see you on this weekend.  If you're going to be in VY2, hope to
get you on 6 bands.  If you're in Calif, the best we could do is 5.

Dennis NB1B