[WriteLog] help with 10.40 upgrade

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon May 12 23:51:16 EDT 2003

All,

I just tried to move from version10.39 to 10.40 on my computer which has
Windows 2000 installed on Drive C and Windows XP installed on Drive F. I
was able to install a full version of WL and the update 10.39 on Drive F
when I moved up to Win XP with no problems. And have been running it there
for a while.

But now when I try to install version 10.40 while running Windows XP on
Drive F where I also have all my current Wriitelog files in the f:\ham
directory. The installer insists on putting the update on the C drive. And
if I hid the old Win 2000 directory on C, the installer just creates a new
directory on Drive C, not on Drive F which is where I am running this
operating system and where the current files are in F:\ham.

How do I install 10.40 on the F drive and not on the C
drive???????????????? It won't start properly and open MMTTY plug ins from
the C drive.

Help

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC