[WriteLog] CW transmit with WriteLog question

VA3MW - Port Credit va3mw at portcredit.net
Mon May 26 09:25:59 EDT 2003

You can use the LPT port, but you also need to install one of the drivers
mentioned on the web page for XP to work.  Check the Writelog web pages, but
if I remember correctly, you need to use userport.  Search in the archieve
as many have commented on this.

I also had to delete every mention of LPTx from the Writelog INI file
(c:\windows\writelog.ini).  I also had to add CW_ON_PIN1=1 to ensure the CW
was smooth.

This is what a portion of my .ini file looks like:

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1
COM2:=9600,n,8,1
COM3:=9600,n,8,1
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,p
dvktype=2
dvkport=0
cwtype=2
cwport=6
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
Comm3Used=USED,POLL,34
Comm3RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm3Baud=19200
Comm3XmitControl=ALWAYS
CWPTTCONTROL=1
CWPTTDELAY=0