[WriteLog] USB to Serial Port

A. Sewell N5NA n5na at arrl.net
Thu Nov 6 13:30:43 EST 2003

Ian,

I bought a USB to Serial Adapter from www.sewelldev.com for $19 a while ago
and just tried it out this past weekend.  I found it works fine for rig
control and also connecting a TNC.  I also just tried it for sending CW and
it seems to work fine for that as well, which is surprising since I
understood they usually don't work for CW.

I am using it on an old Gateway Solo 2300 notebook computer with Win98SE so
you may have different results.

Also, even though my last name is Sewell, I have no connections with that
company!

73,

Alan  N5NA