[WriteLog] W5XD/K5DJ multi-Keyer SETUP QUESTION

Fritz Schewe ad6g at mcn.org
Sun Nov 9 12:25:49 EST 2003

I have acquired a 1000mp, and found that I need an external keyer for
contesting.  I purchased (don't ask me why?)  a w5xd/K5dj  multi keyer
several years ago but never used it.  My kenwood 870 didn't need it.  Now
I'm ready to interface the w5xd keyer to my Mp.
My problem is I don't understand How the Keyer implements the cw
exchanges.  Does it use the writelog caned exchanges or do I have to
program the w5xd keyer?  The writelog site doesn't explain it, only how to
interface it to 2 radios.
Can some one help, Any tips on the interfacing would also be appreciated.

Fritz

Fritz Schewe AD6G
PO Box 1009
Gualala, CA  95445