[WriteLog] DVK with Win XP

Vince rradiohham1 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 10 10:39:27 EST 2003

I have just setup a new computer here with WinXP Home, I was using the sound card for DVK on the parallel port on the old computer (Win98se), now I would like to use same setup here on the new computer, but I see where the DVK selections on Writelog are grayed out. I did know that the parallel port thing is an issue with Writelog when I went to XP, but I thought by now that maybe there is a work around for this. I have found WinXP to be much more stable than Win98, Writelog would crash during a contests, never had one problem in working WAE RTTY last weekend. Now if I can just get the DVK running with the sound card, I will have everything up and working again.
I do know that some are getting the CW to working on the parallel port, would this be the same for setting up for DVK?

Thanks,
Vince,K6BIR