[WriteLog] WL/MMTTY Problem

Jerry no2t at arrl.net
Mon Nov 10 23:45:00 EST 2003

HI Scott and others

	Yes you are not alone. It has happened many times for me. Always when
going from Xmit to Rcv.  It doesn't seem to be RF. It always happens when i
have a lot of activity , like a pileup. Never seems to happen when in
normal QSO.  Don AA5AU also has said that he has experienced the same thing.

	When I switched from earlier versions of MMTTY (1.63 and 1.64) to the
present version 1.65 the problem got much better. Also going  to the MISC
tab in the MMTTY options setup, and changing the "PRIORITY" to "HIGHEST"
made a tremendous improvement.

	The final thing I do is to run 2 rtty demodulators off the same radio. Ito
date, have used: PK232, HAL PCI-3000, and HAL P38.  The latter being boards
inserted into the computer.

	By the way, the problem is not only when using mmtty with WRITELOG. It
also happens when using MMTTY with N1MM LOGGER. My feeling is that is a
windows "API" problem. Win98 SE is used on all the computers.  Run two of
them networked together for contesting. When there is a hangup it is always
the one used fro transmitting.

	To get rid of the annoyance, most of the time transmit using the other
demod but use MMTTY for better reception.

	Don (AA5AU) uses a HAL DXP-38 on his machines. This is an external box
interfaced via a com port. He describes his setup in his home page.

		Good luck de Jerry NO2T