[WriteLog] USB Support

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Tue Nov 11 23:05:00 EST 2003

   From: "Bob McCormick W1QA" <writelog at W1QA.com>
   Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:37:05 -0500

   > Seems like everybody is putting in their requests for
   > features. Soon I think serial ports will be no more or at a
   > minimum only 1 serial port per rig (especially notebooks).
   > All new systems nowadays are coming with USB 2.0 Is there
   > anything in the foreseeable future for USB support for
   > WriteLog for rig control, cw keying etc. ?

   Makes sense - but:

   Are there any rigs, rotors, etc. that have USB interfaces?
   (the USB version shouldn't really matter for the type of
   devices we'd be talking about).  I don't know of any ...

USB things are happening:  if you look at the AES catalog online,
you'll see something from Timewave called a HamHub.  Whether it would
take special support from WL, I don't know.

And I'd like to see if the USB "sound card" from the Soundblaster
folks can be used as a second sound card for WL.

73, doug