[WriteLog] ARRL SS - SSB Question

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 09:50:10 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/13/2003 8:02:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
john at hoaglun.com writes:

> When using the packet cluster how does Writelog figure out what stations
> are
> in each multiplier? Obviously DX it is not too hard to figure out.  But
> during a domestic contest like ARRL SS I am not sure how the cluster window
> is figure out what is a new mult and what is not.
>
> I can imagine that the VE's, KH6, and such are pretty easy to figure out.
> But what about operators living in places like ND, SD, Iowa, Montana that
> have a very small ham population are can be a challenge to locate(hence you
> would hope to find on the cluster once in a while.)

John,

WL will not figure out the Section multipliers for you from cluster spots.
This is your responsibility, along with working the station, verifying the
station's correct call sign and getting his Check and Serial Number.  All the
cluster will provide you is a call sign (not necessarily correct) that has been
posted by someone else and the approximate frequency of that station.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450