[WriteLog] [Fwd: Keyboard remapping]

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Thu Nov 13 09:20:22 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:07:04 -0700, "Joe Wilkowski" <k8fc at arrl.net>
wrote:

>While this thread is not too cold, can anyone reccommend a keyboard remapper
>for Win98SE ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>/joe k8fc

There are two ways to do it and I use them both.

First is to use a macro program such as EZMacros.  This allows not
only remapping of individual keys, but creation of text macros as
well.  Last I checked it was $29.95 and well worth it.  There are
other similar programs available.  One drawback is it only works when
running Windows.  Doesn't work with DOS.

Second is to acquire a programmable keyboard.  I have a Maxi-Switch
124 which is unfortunately no longer made, but can be found on ebay.
This keyboard is independent of OS, so it works with anything.  The
Gateway AllKeys keyboard is a variant of the Maxi-Switch and can also
be found on ebay.  Highly recommended.

--
Bill, W7TI