[WriteLog] dvk

Karl Kaukis karl at kaukis.com
Fri Nov 14 19:56:31 EST 2003

What do I have to change from my sound card com port RTTY setup to use
DVK from my sound card?   I have read all the help files and I am
nothing but confused.

I can get the function key messages recorded (with a separate mike
through the mike input on the sound card) - they play through the PC
speakers - but I cant get the rig to key.  I can get the rig to key if I
check the CW com port button that I use for CW (I use the same com port
for RTTY) but the rig stays keyed 100% of the time - before and after
the soundcard triggers the vox (or maybe the PTT - I really don't know
which is happening).

Is there an INI file setting that needs to be changed?  I tried setting
the INI file DVK port to the same number as my com port but no luck.  Do
I have to build an LPT connection to make this work?  I'm a real klutz
at this so any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks in advance and
CU in SS regardless - just a question of how horse I will be.

Karl
K0CIE