[WriteLog] ka9f CW DECODER

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed Nov 26 14:44:23 EST 2003

I can't give a lot of help, but a couple of us locally, not CW
operators but RTTY ops, used the WL Rittyrite CW decoder to make a few
hundred contacts each during the CW SS.  It wasn't perfect, but it
does work.  If you're a CW op and just want a little help, then the
Writelog CW display porbably would be better for you.

I suspect it would also work during the upcoming CQ WW DX 'test.

Do you have a working RTTY setup?  Does it have a CW key driver on the
DTR pin?  Or are you using a different port?

You can't have the same port assigned for CW out and also to Rttyrite.
Deassign it in Rttyrite and then assign it for CW in the main PORTS
menu, if you're actually going to be using the same one.  I think you
could use the rig control port for CW, but my rig control I/F draws
power from DTR, so I couldn't.  A modification to my rig control
interface would fix that, I think.  But you can use the same port you
use for RTTY FSKK and PTT, if you are willing to change configurations
with the mode change.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:25:46 -0800 (PST)
   From: Gary McConville <wb4sq at yahoo.com>

   John,

   Haven't tried it yet so please share with the group.

   Gary - WB4SQ