[WriteLog] Re: W5XD Keyer & USB connection (GW4BLE)

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Thu Nov 27 01:56:56 EST 2003

I'm using Socket serial ports for FSK and rig control in Sony, IBM,
Toshiba and Twinhead laptops, and in a Gateway All-in-one computer.

They seem to work fine, under W98, at least.  I have one single and
several duals.  I got some duals fairly cheap from EBay, and there's a
quad there now, at a price that's not outrageous.

What OS are you running?

73, doug

   From: "Dean M. St. Hill" <dsthill at cbcbarbados.bb>
   Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:35:34 -0400

   Dear colleagues

   I wonder if anybody has actually tried PC Card Serial cards for laptop tpye
   computers with FSK or W5XD keyer.

   If so, what units were used and sources and pricing information would be
   appreciated.

   I am stuck with a laptop for most contests, and it does not have a serial
   port. I use two generic USB-Serial interfaces, which work for rig control
   and CW. I am looking for a source of PCMCIA serial cards, provided some on
   the list have had some success with them.

   73 and see you in the CQWW CW test this week-end.

   Dean - 8P6SH

   "Where Writelog is a Way of Life"