[WriteLog] WriteLog 42C error, enhancement suggestions

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Sun Oct 5 17:35:45 EDT 2003

Write Log 42C minor error, two suggested enhancements:

1. error
Super Check Partial shows RED for station that has not been worked.

   Radio was on 15MTR CW, had worked W6XXX on that band and mode.
   Packet Spot window showed W6XXX on 10MTR CW; click on spot,
   radio moves to SPOT, populates W6XXX in the Call, but the
   call in Super Check Partial shows the call in RED.
     If I clear the call and retype W6XXX and cursor, Super Check Partial
     goes to green, or if I Click on a different 10mtr spotted call and
     then re-click on W6XXX, it now is green in Super Check Partial.

2. enhancement suggestion - Select bands/modes for Packet Spot Window.

   Packet Spot Window:  I would like to select each band and mode
   that I want to be displayed.  (Like for RSGB 10/15 SSB, it would
   be nice to see spots only from those two bands.)

3.  enhancement suggestion - make CTL-G ("GO") apply to whichever
   column the cursor is in and search for that value.

   During CQP, had several "Worked B4" replies, because I had spelled
   the county incorrectly in one of the prior QSOs with that station.
   (NEV and NEVA for example).  First QSO with station had NEV, second
   on different band/mode had NEVA.  On the band with NEVA, call showed
   green in Super Check Partial showed GREEN for that station
     (and county was populated with NEV).
     Once discovered, it would have been nice to be able to find
     all "NEVA" in County field.  Yes, I could CTL-G for that one
     callsign, but I made the same misspelling for more than one
     station.  And yes, I did learn to look at the mult window to
     get correct spellings, later!

Barry, W5GN

Overheard in RSGB:

  Your Prefix Please?