[WriteLog] PK232 initialization with WL

Garry Shapiro garry at ni6t.com
Sat Oct 11 15:18:18 EDT 2003

RTTY-heads:

I am trying to set up for this evening's RTTY Sprint.

In CQWW RTTY last month, I used both MMTTY and one of my modified PK232's.
Due to limited time, MMTTY was RX-only and I transmitted through the PK232,
using FSK on my FT1000MP. Except for the minor inconvenience of needing to
ensure selection of the PK232 window in order to transmit, everything worked
fine.

In setting up today for Sprint, I want to use both demodulators, and
transmit from either window. MMTTY initializes OK, but the PK232 fails
initialization, both with the new setup for Sprint, and with the previous
setup for CQWW RTTY. In fact, I have substituted two other PK232's, and all
fail to initialize. Cable or serial port problem? No--all three units work
with HyperTerminal, on any serial port and with either of two cables. It
also does not matter whether MMTTY is present or not---the 232's fail
initialization in WL whether or not they are the sole modems selected.

This leaves one possibility I can grok--WL utilizes Host mode, while
Hyperterminal is a dumb terminal.  However, Rittywrite also fails to open
the 232's if Dumb Terminal is selected.

Could there be something wrong in writelog.ini? A quick response from anyone
will be appreciated. Meanwhile, I am going to throw together AFSK capability
for MMTTY in a big hurry.

Garry, NI6T