[WriteLog] Windows startup

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Fri Oct 17 20:26:15 EDT 2003

I've been having some unusual error messages running Writelog, the most recent being "Cannot create band map OLE object" during startup.  Anyway, I used msconfig to eliminate almost every startup program on the list, and WL started fine.

So this is really a Windows question.  If I want to never start a program on the list, I can uncheck it in the Start-up tab in msconfig.  That program thinks it's a special, one-time test start-up configuration.  Is that the only way to not include these weird programs (e.g., a UPS communication program)?

Thanks.

Jim N7US