[WriteLog] Writelog vs. Sound Card - Magic Mute & Volume Changes

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Fri Oct 24 15:31:29 EDT 2003

I had WL working very well with my IBM T20 Crystal Fusion built-in sound
card a few weeks ago. I don't know what has changed, but now I am having
trouble with Rig 2 (Right). Whenever I use WL to switch the active radio
from R to L (Rig 1) and back to R (Rig 2), the Win 2000 Pro Volume
Control changes. Sometimes the volume slider goes down, sometimes all
the way. Sometimes the balance control changes, sometimes all the way to
the right (which is disabling since I am using the left channel of Line
Out). Always, the volume control invisibly mutes line out.  If the
balance and volume sliders have not slid all the way out of whack, all I
have to do is click on the volume slider and it starts working again.
Othrewise I have to move them  back to normal positions. I have Read The
Fabulous Manual and K9JY on the subject and find no clue. Any idea what
is going on?

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI