[WriteLog] W5XD Keyer erratic

Tom Fitzpatrick k4ie at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 20:31:20 EST 2003

    I have the W5XD keyer hooked up to run SO2R.  Writelog is controlling
both radios ok and they both work with the remote control paddle.  However,
I get some really spastic results with the Writelong CW scripts.  If I just
put K4IE on one message line, it plays fine.  If I put something like SS
K4IE SS, all I get is 'SS'.  It seems to be sensitive to where the
characters are placed in the message panel, but nothing I do will get it to
send the entire message if it's any length at all.  For instance the
exchange message starts out with the callsign then skips everything except
my state (for SS).  This is not an rf problem, I turned the output off.
Also, I hooked my LTP1 interface back up using the same messages and it
works fine.  Also I'm using COM1 for a Kenwood TS-570 and COM2 for an
FT-1000MP.  In Writelog I've set the CW to COM 1 and chose W5XR keyer.  I
tried switching radio com ports, etc. with the same problem on both radios
no matter how they're connected.
     Any ideas?  If not guess I'll be back to using one radio with my
parallel interface for SS.
     73,
     Tom, K4IE