[WriteLog] Multi-Keyer problem

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Sat Sep 13 17:00:18 EDT 2003

I am using the Multi-keyer in the SO2R configuration detailed on
Writelog.com.  The radios are both FT1000MP.  Their PTT lines are keyed from
the PTT outputs of the Multi-keyer and the CW is keyed by the Multi-keyer.

So far as I can currently tell the problem is this:

When I key the rig via the Multi-keyer from the computer, then PTT is
immediately asserted by the Multi-keyer and everything works fine BUT when I
key using my paddle connected to the Multi-keyer there is a short delay
before the Multi-keyer asserts PTT which causes the first dash or couple of
dots not to be sent.

In CW PTT setup I have checked the box for PTT control; on LPT pin 16/COM
RTS as the write-up seems to suggest.

Question is....why is there a delay in assertion of PTT by the Multi-keyer
when paddle input is used and not when computer keying is used?

Incidentally, my PTT to CW delay on the PTT setup screen is set to 0 mS.

Words of wisdom gratefully considered.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F