[WriteLog] WriteLog CQP problem?

Alan Maenchen ad6e at inreach.com
Mon Sep 15 01:47:12 EDT 2003

Has anyone else seen this problem or am I doing something dumb (again)?

I downloaded 1042C and set up CQP for MER county.
Turn on the "Enter in free form" function.

When I try to enter data it works fine for call and number, but entering a
QTH pops up  the "Dupe Sheet Select" window as if I were a mobile and in the
process of changing counties. No way to actually enter a QTH in free form.
If free form entry is turned off, then the traditional data entry works
fine. I really like the free form entry so it's a pity it doesn't work yet.

The same problem exists with 1041B which I have running on a different
machine.

-------------------------
Also (!!!) the recent namedmul.ini file is WRONG for in-state CQP.  Old
versions of this file may be OK. Check your file and if needed, please edit:

[CQP]
MAR=VE1   rename to   MAR=VE
NL=VE1       delete !!!
QC=VE
ON=VE
MB=VE
SK=VE
AB=VE
BC=VE
NWT=VE      rename to   NT=VE  (optional)

then
[CQP-ALIAS]
NF=NL        change to NL=MAR
NFLD=NL    change to NFLD=MAR
LB=NL        change to NFLD=MAR
LAB=NL    change to LAB=MAR
and if you want to use the new "NT" designator, then change these to show NT
instead of NWT:
NT=NWT
YT=NWT
YU=NWT
NU=NWT

There is no NL multiplier in CQP... and there never has been.
There are only 58 total multipliers.

Thanks to W6ZZZ for finding this.  Jerry, W6IXP said he would fix this in
another week or so but that won't help anyone who downloaded since Jan.

73, Al  AD6E

CU in the Calif QSO Party Oct 4-5
http://www.cqp.org