[WriteLog] FT-736

Stu Mitchell stu at stu2.net
Tue Sep 16 21:57:34 EDT 2003

Hi All,

We used writelog during the September VHF contest and we discovered a
few things that I hope somebody has a work around for.

1) WL doesn't seem to interface to a FT-736. Is there another rig
selection that should have worked? (I tried them all at 4800 baud and auto.)

2) In the grid map display, is it possible to select a single band? The
multi colored graph was great for our master station, but the operators
(e.g. 6 meter op) found it hard to see how they were doing on each band.

3) Again in the grid map, how do you figure out which color corresponds
to the various band. (e.g. Red = 6 meters, green = 2, etc.) The help
file says to shrink the window into an icon and I couldn't figure that
one out. Minimizing the grid display window didn't work. Also, the
colors on the graphs, didn't match the colors in the grid square map.

I think we had a few other questions, but these were the top three.

Thanks and 73's,

Stu
W7IY