[WriteLog] CW keydown on Writelog com port

Don Cassel doncassel at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 17 09:58:33 EDT 2003

I'm sure this is not a new problem but I can't seem to find it on the
reflector.

After having to do a new install of Win 98Se on a PIII 450 and a new install
of Writelog 10.40 (updated to 10.42C) I am experiencing a keydown situation
when selecting com1 for CW in Setup, Ports. CW keying is on com1 and rig
control for the Yaesu Mark V on com2. Rig control works okay. To rule out
any hardware problems I also reinstalled DX4Win and it works properly with
the same com ports. I am using Rigblaster Plus for the interface. This
configuration worked okay before with the same computer so some setting(s)
must be messed up but after spending several days on this I am beginning to
go in circles. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have included my [Ports] section from Writelog.ini below.

Thanks, Don VE3XD (VE3BUC)

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
dvktype=2
dvkport=0
cwtype=1
cwport=1
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
LPT1=0x378
LPT2=0x0
LPT3=0x0
CWPTTCONTROL=1
CWPTTDELAY=0
CW_ON_PIN1=1
CommSlot1=1
Comm2Used=USED,POLL,18
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2XmitControl=ALWAYS