[WriteLog] Two Icom Radios on the Same Com Port

Don Melcher don at hfradio.com
Thu Sep 25 10:17:57 EDT 2003

Actually - a CT17 is NOT needed as ANY interface would work - just hook the
radio inputs in parallel using Y cables. I CT17 simply has 4 jacks in
parallel. But there really isn't a need for it as adding an additional
serial port using USB>Serial and using one of the "cheap" interfaces (I use
the Icom OPC-478 Clone Cable with a Stereo>Mono adapter on the end - but
there are others that are less expensive - I just happen to have a lot of
OPC-478s around).

But even though I own about a half-dozen contest grade Icoms, I would much
rather see the effort be made to treat the SubRX on FT1000Ds in particular
and others in general as a second radio - good preparation for the new Icom
megabuck box when it hits!

Don
W6ZO